• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Madden 12 our for all Android Phones

Can you design your own plays?

Yes, it's a piece of cake. You can create your own routes every play if you want and save it if you like it. EA did real good on the android version and coming from me that's quite a compliment. Definitely worth the price the mechanics are perfect for touch screens. One guy said its better than his psp version.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's a piece of cake. You can create your own routes every play if you want and save it if you like it. EA did real good on the android version and coming from me that's quite a compliment. Definitely worth the price the mechanics are perfect for touch screens. One guy said its better than his psp version.

Is it just pass routes or can you also design different blocking schemes as well such as for sweeps, off tackle running plays and screen passes, etc.? Same thing for defence as well? Coverages, pass rushes, blitzes, etc.?

Upvote 0
Non of EA games are compatible with Honeycomb tablets. In their eyes they would rather release a separate game at a higher price like they do with the iPad. But since the sales of Android Tablets have been slow it will be a long time before they support them.

The unfortunate thing is their games would likely work, but rather than spend any time and money testing their game on the tablets they just block it. Even if you bought one of their games on the phone and transferred the APK to the tablet it will check to see if the device your running on is supported and if not then it won't even download the extra data.

It's a typical move from a large corporation who view the Android Market very differently than the users do.

Upvote 0
Is it just pass routes or can you also design different blocking schemes as well such as for sweeps, off tackle running plays and screen passes, etc.? Same thing for defence as well? Coverages, pass rushes, blitzes, etc.?

I haven't messed around with it too much, but you can make your own routes and stuff on defense as well.

The game is pretty cool, IMO. The one lame thing I have noticed so far though are the hitting/tackling animations; they all appear to be the same.

Upvote 0
Non of EA games are compatible with Honeycomb tablets. In their eyes they would rather release a separate game at a higher price like they do with the iPad. But since the sales of Android Tablets have been slow it will be a long time before they support them.

The unfortunate thing is their games would likely work, but rather than spend any time and money testing their game on the tablets they just block it. Even if you bought one of their games on the phone and transferred the APK to the tablet it will check to see if the device your running on is supported and if not then it won't even download the extra data.

It's a typical move from a large corporation who view the Android Market very differently than the users do.

I've got a 7" Tab so it's running GB. Still isn't compatible though. Sucks.

Upvote 0
Running game is a complete nightmare and might as well be not even there. So be ready to pass, pass again, & pass some more. Defense is a little hard at first, but starting to get the hang of it. Kicking game is actually pretty easy. Looks awesome on my Samsung Droid Charge and for $7 you can't complain, but hopefully updates are soon to follow.

Reactions: Essex
Upvote 0
Just from the screenshots, I think the game looks like complete crap.

Screen shots don't do it justice. Looks great & remember its a phone version so you gotta give it a little slack. Just hope when EA updates they make it more equal all the way around. Tired of just passing & kicking field goals. Running game as I stated needs a total overhaul.

Upvote 0
Actually I think the running game has improved from 11. I thought running game was too easy on 11. In reality running game is not easy either. In 11 i was able to drive through the defensive line pretty often. now it's more difficult. I can still run a good running play, most of the plays i do is running. I hardly pass and so far so good. The last time I played, I ran the ball in after a kick return. I really wish there was a replay feature.
There are some glitches in the game such as: The rival team dancing after I sacked their quarter back. Madden saying that It depends on the coaching on what play to do even when it's the 2nd down. in 11 he always said it on 3rd down.
I hate the playbook layout, everything is in one sequence. In 11 you had different categories of Run, Short Pass, Long Pass etc. Having the layout the way it is now, kills the play clock because have to go through all the plays.

Upvote 0
Actually I think the running game has improved from 11. I thought running game was too easy on 11. In reality running game is not easy either. In 11 i was able to drive through the defensive line pretty often. now it's more difficult. I can still run a good running play, most of the plays i do is running. I hardly pass and so far so good. The last time I played, I ran the ball in after a kick return. I really wish there was a replay feature.
There are some glitches in the game such as: The rival team dancing after I sacked their quarter back. Madden saying that It depends on the coaching on what play to do even when it's the 2nd down. in 11 he always said it on 3rd down.
I hate the playbook layout, everything is in one sequence. In 11 you had different categories of Run, Short Pass, Long Pass etc. Having the layout the way it is now, kills the play clock because have to go through all the plays.

I'll have to play around with the runs a little more. I agree with the layout though, it really does suck having to scroll through every play to find the one you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones