1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Made the Jump to Android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by chrisyboy121, Jan 10, 2012.

1. chrisyboy121

chrisyboy121 Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Hey guys, new to the forums and Android. I had an Iphone 3gs but it needs a new digatizer and decided to try out Android see what all the fuss was about. I decided to get the Xperia Play as I am an avid gamer and got a good deal. not sure the exact version of Gingerbread its running as i haven't received it yet. its on o2 pay and go. im considering rooting the phone?

Now the problem is its only got 300mb internal memory but the apps must be installed on handset memory first. Surely theres a workaround for this. as i cannot install bigger apps like grand theft auto 3.

One last thing, does the android Appstore require a credit card to register or try the 24 our trials?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Only the installer goes to the phone memory. I guess that the play has something like my Galaxy, if the size of the file is pretty big, it goes straight to the external card.

Actually in my case, and in my sister's Galaxy Fit, I'm sort of confused because if there's a memory card inserted, the phone defaults all apps to go there even if I stil have more than 1gig free in my phone memory.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome! The app store does not require a credit card if you only download free apps. If you do purchase apps, there is a 15 minute refund period, which is pretty short but much better than iOS where there is no refund period.

Enjoy!

4. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    You do not download the game data to your internal memory. Only the installer goes there (which is only a few MBs in size). Once the game is installed, it prompts you to download the actual game data (this part is usually hundreds of MBs), which goes to your SD card.

5. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

Welcome! You're in for a treat!