• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Made the Verizon guy SO JEALOUS with 2.1

Yeah I didn't mean to make it seem like I was "showing off" my phone, I just thought it was odd that the the store manager wanted to put the leak on his own phone. Especially since all the experts on this forum seem to think the official release is coming by the end of the month. Dont get me wrong, I hope it IS coming, but with all of the bugs this leak seems to have, and with skype yet to be added, its hard to imagine them getting it all ironed out in 2 weeks. I just dont see it happening.

3 Weeks from now... I hope there is egg all over my face.

and maybe a McRib :)

one thing to keep in mind, this has been out since early february!
they have been testing it (and now we are for them) for almost a month already. so im quite sure they are aware of the issues SOME on here have ( sorry my only issue is with the phone dialer lagging!). im just thinking super optimistically :)

Upvote 0
Employees are only told about releases on the eve of aspftware update.

And the VZW employees who do post here value their jobs. The manager probably values his too so I don't think it would have worked :)

You should have traded him the file for inside information on upcoming releases. You could have been a God in this forum :D

Reactions: W4LLY
Upvote 0
TheMcRib.png

Upvote 0
McRib?! When!!?!!111one!1

Just when everyone FINALLY started to calm down and after 2.1 dropped, and you had to start this? Thanks... :p

But, a friend of a friend of my brother in law's ex-wife's little sister's highschool classmate has insider information to suggest that the promised July 2010 re-release isn't happening. There's no way they'll be able to get all that fake meat in the right shape to hit prime time as scheduled.

Upvote 0
That's not what he/she/it was going for. A lot of people seem to think that people who work in sales are privy to some sort of insider info and that just isn't the case. The sad reality is that they are usually the last to know, coming a few days behind the "readers of rumor blogs". If a store representative does claim to have some information that has not been made public, officially or not, it usually needs to be taken with one of two grains of salt and a metric-boat-load of skepticism.

THANK YOU. OMG.

Just because we work on the sales floor does NOT mean we get inside info. We get told nothing! I purposely don't read Mac Rumors because I really don't want to be able to answer people's questions on when the next iPhone is coming. We really have no idea, no special secret information. And honestly, I don't care. It will come out when it comes out.

I went to VZ today and showed the guy 2.1. He said, "oh, cool." He had a droid though, so he doesn't have the frustration of being on 1.5.

Upvote 0
This quickly brought me to a sad conclusion.
-- He obviously hasn't received any internal notifications as to when the OTA 2.1 update is coming. And as manager, you would think he would be aware that its coming.
Why would a store manager (let alone his salespeople) need to know when a s/w update for one of the dozens and dozens of phones they sell is coming out ?

Upvote 0
I considering doing just that with my Moto Droid that has a 2.1 leak. The managers at my local stores all own Moto Droids.

Most people seem to forget the Moto was suppose to get updated in November of 2009. Seems odd it hasn't. Either the update is ready or its not I say. If its ready then why wait? If its not then what is going to change between now and the end of March?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones