1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Magazine and Newspapers for Xoom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Old Member, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

Advertisement

kennychaffin and Don S like this.
  2. Mike S

Mike S Newbie

zinio is supposed to be working on an app for android. You can get a number of magazines through them.

3. Don S

Don S Android Enthusiast

Very awesome. Thanks. I signed up for SI. Nice to see the swimsuit issue available for SI :). Was checking out some of the PC navigation. A little janky, but I know it will be great on the XOOM.

On the other hand, not so nice to only see 2 available issues to read - the last "real" SI issue and the swimsuit one. Maybe I missed the navigation somewhere but "all available issues" only listed 2 for me...

4. JediJesus

JediJesus Android Enthusiast

5. frenzy757

frenzy757 Well-Known Member

zinio is what I am waiting on. I dont need crazy features etc, I just want a copy of the paper on my tab...zinio was working for euro galaxy tab versions and I got the APK to run well on my US tab...I figure I can do the same until they release an official app,,,which is coming soon from my emails to the Zinio folks.

Zinio has a great selection and they automatically send you the latest issue every month.

6. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

If you are interested in comics there's this: ComiXology

7. tjreishus

tjreishus Android Enthusiast

Are there any magazne subsciption apps out yet for the xoom?

8. JediJesus

JediJesus Android Enthusiast

I have Sports Illustrated but its made for the galaxy tab so its a little small. I'm still waiting for the xoom version.

9. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Android Expert

Im hoping zinio comes out soon.

10. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert

I have Zinio and let me tell you its good if thats all you can get, but it's nothing compared to app magazines. T3 is the best app magazine I've ever seen. When that and Netflix make it to android I'll leave my iPad.

And if you like comics you have to have:
    http://market.android.com/details?id=com.graphicly

11. JSchu22

JSchu22 Android Enthusiast

Do you have Zinio running on the Xoom?

12. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Member

I'm interested in seeing how the Nook app will work for this purpose. Just browsing the B&N store, they seemed to have a good selection of magazines available. Once they optimize the app for Honeycomb, I think I'll give it a shot.

13. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Android Enthusiast

Just got my first issue of Computer from IEEE.... excellent!

buds444 likes this.
  14. ajrosen

ajrosen Lurker

@Kennychaffin -

What are you using for IEEE Computer? Is there a specific app, or are you just using the PDF on your Xoom?

15. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Android Enthusiast

I tried it with quickoffice (built in) and Aldiko. Both about the same--a few slight difference in operation, but display pretty much equivalent.