• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mail 3.10 on MikG not syncing Exchange

jpkotor

Oct 8, 2010
I'm using MikG 1.04 and having issues with Exchange ActiveSync. I've had this working fine on every other ROM before. This ROM seems to be using HTC Mail 3.10. The problem is that it's not syncing properly with the server. It will retrieve the mail but after that it fails to sync to the server that the message is either read or deleted. What happens instead, for example, is after deleting an email the inbox refreshes again and the message reappears as unread because it never communicated to the server that the message was read and deleted, so by refreshing it retrieves the message again. I guess this means it is receiving data but it is not sending back data to the server.

Also, it won't retrieve any of my old email further back than less than a day. Every time I flash a new ROM and reconfigure the Mail app I've been able to set it to retrieve the past 30 days in the settings but now it just seems to be ignoring this setting..

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried deleting the account and retrying. I've wiped the data for the Mail app via Titanium and have cleared dalvik cache + cache in Amon-Ra. Is this a known issue with the mail 3.10 app? Is there a fix?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones