1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mail app help needed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedymummy, Jun 22, 2011.

1. speedymummy

speedymummy Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Hi all,

On my HTC Desire S there is a Mail widget. Now i've set up my hotmail account and it was working fine. Now I'm not getting the little number notifications, and when I open it up it says Hotmail on the top line, then inbox, then compose mail, then under that is a blank screen with no mail in the middle.

Now I know I have mail as I can access it through the Google search function and all my emails show up there.

What have i done wrong????

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Advertisement

2. Ravin Dave

Ravin Dave Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Male
    Blackpool, UK
    Have you tried syncing your hotmail account ? I use this, but don't have auto sync turned on to save battery - IIRC by default auto sync is normally off anyways.
    You will also need to tick "Update when opened" under Exchange settings, if it isn't already.

3. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Sounds like the app you're using is 'Mail by HTC'. If you open it, then Menu > Settings (in More) > Send & Receive, make sure the settings are appropriate for you. E.g. the 'Download options' refer to the amount of email your phone will store. If you set it to 3 days, then only the last 3 days of email will show. That means if you haven't received any email in over 3 days, then your Inbox on your phone will be empty.

Also, make sure the 'Folder to sync' has at least your Inbox checked.

Plus, in Settings (general) > Accounts & sync > Manage accounts, ensure that the IMAP/POP3 for your Hotmail account has a green sync icon next to it.

Tags: