1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mail App Wont Clear Data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steventking, Dec 9, 2011.

1. steventking

steventking Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Like many of us, I am having the "low memory" problems.

I have tried to clear my (stock htc application) mail data but am having difficulties. I have cleared out (deleted) my trash folder.

When I view this application through the "settings ->applications>manage applications" tool, it shows that I have 21.34 MB of data, but the "clear data" and "move to SD" options are both grayed out.

Ay ideas?

Thanks

steven

Advertisement

2. Roger Zoul

Roger Zoul Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    I'm having the low memory space problem too. I used to be able to get rid of it by deleting all of the trash folders, but that no longer works.

When I check this htc mail app, it shows I have 11.42 MB of data and both clear data and move to SD card are grayed out.

I'm really tried of this. The last update to Gingerbread only got the first piece installed. I can't get the second bit to install, even though I have followed instructions given by others here who have gotten it to install.

Is this an HTC problem, a DINC problem, or an Android problem? Probably it's a personal problem (for sure). But I'm sick of this hassling with phone stuff. I need it to be working cause I have plenty of other things to be doing.