1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Mail in rebate problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rogue1216, Feb 15, 2011.

1. rogue1216

rogue1216 Lurker

I recently bought my Lg Optimus just last Wednesday. Today, I was going to do the rebate form only to discover that I did not have one. Was I supposed to get a form or is the rebate done some other way like online or something when I bought it?

Advertisement

2. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Android Enthusiast

The store where you bought the phone should have given you the rebate form to fill out and send. I would suggest you go back to the store and ask them to give you one.

It's a small hoop to jump through but in todays economy $50 is $50 even if it is in the form of a Visa gift card.

3. bucketbass

bucketbass Member

rogue1216 likes this.
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I think that you can also just get it from the Metro web site. Just click on the phone, and there's a link to get the form. Just print it, fill it out and then mail it in.

Edit: oops, Bucketbass beat me to it by a minute or less. :)

5. rogue1216

rogue1216 Lurker

Thank you! This was just was I was looking for :)

6. Bird Dog

Bird Dog Newbie

The MetroPCS store where you I bought mine last week gave me a photocopy of the barcode from the box, a photocopy of my receipt, and a really bad photocopy of a photocopy of the rebate form. It wasn't really readable.

I ended up downloading and printing the one from the MetroPCS website. I had to crop the image to get it to print correctly. If you play around with it you should be able to get something that's usable.

7. rogue1216

rogue1216 Lurker

I have another question. For the rebate, it says to include a photo copy of the sales receipt and the 18 digit meid code. does it have to be a copy or can it be the original receipt? And for the code can I just unstick the sticker that came on the box and stick it onto the rebate form? Just would like to know if they have to be copies or not. Thanks in advance :).

8. bucketbass

bucketbass Member

Make a copy because they do not send back your paperwork! If you send the original then what do you have for later? ALAWAYS SAVE THE BOX if you ever need warranty work you might just need it.

Tags: