1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mail loads fine but screen turns white and text goes away.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JimKnuckles, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

Hi

For the past week this has started and im wondering if anyone else ks experiencing it. I'll open a email, all text and email will download and show just fine. Then, it all goes away and I'm looking at a white screen. I haven't figured a way to get the text to come back as of now.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Try clearing data / cache. I'm assuming you're using Gmail. Push Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All Tab > Scroll to Gmail and tap it > Clear data.

Retry the app.

marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

yes also please confirm if you are rooted or stock and if you are a UK user or USA user.

4. JimKnuckles

I'm using the standard mail app with yahoo. I'm not rooted either.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

The process should work the same for the stock email app. You will just substitute "Mail" for "Gmail". Sometimes Android caching causes errors with apps and causes them to do odd things until the cache is cleaned out.

marctronixx likes this.
  6. JimKnuckles

I'll try that. Thanks

marctronixx likes this.
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

If it doesn't try using K9Mail, I have a few friends using yahoo with the same issue, and it is usually Yahoo change their settings, K9 will work just fine and IMO much better

8. krayziejoe

krayziejoe Newbie

This has been happening to me also with my Yahoo email, so im wondering if its a Yahoo compatibility issue.

9. marctronixx

ive not had any issues with yahoo mail on the stock client or the yahoo mail app itself. i use 3 yahoo addresses.

10. vulcangrey

vulcangrey Member

Also happening to my stock non-rooted Evo 3D in Yahoo, and only in emails from ebay...

click on email, you can see it until you scroll down, then screen goes white.

If I have opened the ebay email before, and then try to click on it again, it is still empty and white.
    So I can never view the email twice... Again, just emails from Ebay!

I cleared the cache and increased the size limit for emails and neither helped.

So I tried forwarding one of the emails to my gmail account and that email was empty except for the forwarded header.

my gmail is fine on the EVO 3D, and so is my exchange account.

I just tried forwarding the same ebay email to my yahoo account from my yahoo account on my pc, and that works and doesn't disappear.

marctronixx likes this.
  11. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert

I have noticed this too in my stock mail account from my yahoo email, this has happened about 1-2 weeks ago and as others have mentioned it was coming from the majority of my eBay emails. since then it has seemed to corrected itself. I'm rooted and running a ROM with a stock kernal by the way.

marctronixx likes this.
  12. JimKnuckles

It's still happening to me. I can't seem to fix it. Today, it happened to ak email sent from Yahoo

13. DonB

As I mentioned earlier, try using K9 Mail from the market, let me know if it works with that app, there are many having the same issue.

14. kayla2454

kayla2454 Lurker

I am having this problem also. It happens mostly with eBay emails but other ones also. I tried to clear the cache but it said it was 0 so I'm not sure where to go from here.

15. JimKnuckles

I went ahead and downloaded the yahoo mail app today. It not doing it to the emails I was having trouble with.

16. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

Just saw this same problem a few minutes ago on the girls phone that cuts my hair. She has an evo 4g and I rooted it for her a few months ago and installed mikg on it. I wiped the chche and dalvik on it and it still didn't work. I went to applications to clear the data on the stock mail client and clear data was grayed out on it. I told her to either forward the yahoo account to gmail and try that or to install k9 mail and let me know if it worked.

Looks like yahoo is trying to get people to start using their reader...

17. kaoticzeus

kaoticzeus Lurker

Have the same exact problem but it only happens to one of my 3 yahoo emails, i hope there is a fix for this soon!

18. DonB

K9 works just fine, I have had many install and problem solved, I have also had some that had the Yahoo app and they had issue with it down the road, thus the reason why I suggested K9

19. vulcangrey

vulcangrey Member

The new OTA Update, Version 2.17.651.5, fixed this issue for me.

ryanporter and marctronixx like this.
  20. ryanporter

ryanporter Member

Me as well.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews