1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Mail question.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Android>Apple, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Android>Apple

Android>Apple Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Is there a way to check my snail mail with android? It's 90+ outside already and I burn easily. I'm told Tasker can automate things you don't like doing yourself can it do this?

...but seriously I want my inbox to list the contacts name, THEN list 1 or 2 preview lines after that. Like an iPhone. It's much easier on the eyes and easier to look at this way. As it stands it only shows the subject then some text preview. Any mail app that will do this i tried default, gmail and K9 couldn't get it to work this way on any of them.

Advertisement

2. Android>Apple

None

Feb 17, 2011
  3. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Well, I only use my yahoo mail on mine. When I open it, I get the e-mail address of the sender (or name if it's set that way in their outgoing settings), as well as the subject, but no preview of the body. However, you do have me sort of wondering about what might be out there to do it. Granted for me, the subject is usually enough to let me know if it's worth reading, but I can certainly see where more would come in handy.

4. Android>Apple

None

Feb 17, 2011
    It's great to be able to see the senders name first, to me. Just seeing the subject is rather annoying. Maybe it's a limitation of android. I dunno. But if so thats really stupid.