1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Mail setup help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by egordon42, Aug 19, 2010.

1. egordon42

egordon42 Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm at my wits end with this phone. Just got a Droid2, coming over from an iphone and I am frustrated beyond. Nothing seems to be simple to do or intuitive. Let's take my mail problem.

Just for reference I'm running Launcher Pro Plus. I have a gmail account. OK fine, set that up using the gmail app. I have my work email account, which actually uses gmail as it's back end. I go to the gmail app, and my personal email is listed there, but it won't let me add my work email as a gmail account. I have to go to the main messaging app and set it up there under "other" email. That's annoying. So now I have the Messages widgit, and I can sync every other messaging app (texts, facebook, work email) but I can't add my personal gmail unless I create a new gmail account in the main messaging app. Fine. I did that, and I linked it to the Messages widgit. Now when I get an email to my personal email I get 2 notifications, one in the gmail app and one in the main messaging app.

So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Why can't I set up my work email (which is also gmail) in the gmail app? Why can't I link my gmail to my Messaging widgit?

Advertisement