• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mail with Exchange is extrememly slow

cityguru

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
This is crazy, i just got the EVO i synched my mail, and everytime i get a new email, i am not kidding it takes almost one minute for the email to display. everything takes an insane amount of time in this program. everything else is speedy and fine but the mail program.

Gmail comes in and can be read quickly and easily but not the Activesync Exchange Mail.

Anyone else experience this same problem and if so is there a solution for this?

If the email is downloaded already how come it takes so long to open or reply to an email?

Anyway majority of time i press another button, everything freezes and then i get that non responding warning asking if i want to wait or force quit.

Any help from fellow exchange users that would be great,

btw for exchange hosting i use intermedia

I'm also having this problem. It can take up to 20 seconds to open the email list or a simple text email. I've never had an issue like this going all the way back to my Treo. Exchange is vital for me. Clearing the cache is no help. Is the Evo not properly managing how it keeps Exchange mail in memory? Is the HTC email application at fault? Any help would be apprecaited!!!

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I think this is a major concern of those who use the default mail service. I know my IT guys have went to K-9 mail which they say retrieves the mail much faster. There definitly is a delay, I have noticed from my work account as long as 25 minutes from the time the message is sent until it reaches my phone. I have changed settings to retrieve every 5 minutes on my three accounts which has seemed to help, but it is not on the same level as my old curve 8330 used to be. I live with this shortcoming giving all the other things I love about the phone.

Upvote 0
My problem isn't actually with delivery, which is actually as quick as a Blackberry for me. Once the email is delieverd and I go into the actual HTC mail client, it could take up to 20 seconds to open the email list and then another 20 seconds to simply open the email, which is horrible.

Upvote 0
My problem isn't actually with delivery, which is actually as quick as a Blackberry for me. Once the email is delieverd and I go into the actual HTC mail client, it could take up to 20 seconds to open the email list and then another 20 seconds to simply open the email, which is horrible.

This is exactly the problem i am having too.. Interesting that my brother has the HTC Incredible with Verizon, uses the exact same Exchange Server and the HTC default mail service - and does not have this problem at all...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones