• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maildroid Epic Failure

marlupe

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
I have been using maildroid for a while and while it is very effective and use friendly - it should advise of its faults! The program seems to re-set itself and while you have set the deletion to only delete mail from the phone and not the server, it will re-set itself and delete emails from both locations!! This has happened to me twice and both times I have lost all my emails. UGH very, very frustrating!! Time to start looking for another program!!!

I have been using maildroid for a while and while it is very effective and use friendly - it should advise of its faults! The program seems to re-set itself and while you have set the deletion to only delete mail from the phone and not the server, it will re-set itself and delete emails from both locations!! This has happened to me twice and both times I have lost all my emails. UGH very, very frustrating!! Time to start looking for another program!!!

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have never heard this from anyone who downloaded the program from the market in 2 years. There are some sites that have hacked versions of MD that may very well do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones