1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

maildroid phone lag?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnhazelwood, Aug 27, 2010.

1. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

Aug 21, 2010
    It could be coincidence, but I noticed my phone was becomming very slow and non responsive. I was trying to figure out what I might have installed that could be causing the slowdown. I took a look at tasks in the Android System Info app and noticed maildroid would pop to the top of my CPU usage. I uninstalled maildroid, replaced with Akihiko, and my phone is running normally again. And, by slow I mean the power button wasn't responsive, scrolling through apps would freeze for a while, opening emails was slow, etc. Anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement

2. maildroiddev

maildroiddev Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    The samsung captivate is better than the orginal droid and incredible that I am using (where it works fine), CPU would not be the issue here and memory would. Version 1.35 had a memory leak that was finally patched in version 1.41. Please make sure you have the latest version.

3. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks for the response. Actually I had 1.4.1 (that just came out a couple of days ago, right?), that might have been when my problems started. It was a weird problem, and I was surprised that removing the app fixed it. So far, since I just uninstalled last night, all day today the phone is working like a champ. I'm still not 100% sure it's your app, but so far it's looking that way (or maybe it was a configuration I had within the app).

4. maildroiddev

maildroiddev Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    That sounds very odd. I can only guess that you had a POP account and you had it set to pull every minute (or at a very low number). Does that sound right?

5. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I have 3 (Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail). I believe I had them pull every 5 minutes.

I might try it again later to see if I can reproduce.