1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

maintain fast speed after reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by buMitch333, Jul 18, 2010.

1. buMitch333

buMitch333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I notice that after awhile the speed of the phone slows down quite a bit when I haven't rebooted the phone. Is there any way to maintain the fast speeds without having to occasionally reboot? Not using any task killers either btw

Advertisement

2. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Software Developer
    Los Angeles, CA
    From my personal experience, not using a task killer causes the phone to bog down after a while. People say Android does a good job of memory and process management, but in my experience, it's not that great.

3. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Co-Manager of SONIC Drive-In
    Texas!
    Smart phones nowadays are like mini computers. Especially the Hi-end phones like the Androids and the iPhones. Like any computer, they need to be rebooted to clear all that built up information and cache. I think its a good thing to reboot every now and again. I have noticed after the update, its takes a little longer to reboot though.

4. buMitch333

Jun 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I don't really mind rebooting if it Is something that is necessary I was just hoping there was n easier solution b/c I really enjoy how fast it is after reboot

5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Although a lot of people do not like to use a task killer, there are others, like myself, that use one effectively. I use Advanced Task Killer, but I set mine up for manual task kills, not automatic - that's the difference. If you don't know what you're killing in the presets, then don't come crying to the forums later.

^as an example

6. buMitch333

Jun 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Ya I was using ATK a little while ago but I felt like every time I opened It there was 10 or so apps running that I never opened and I just became more and more frustrated each time I used It lol so I'm a bit weary of going back to using it again

7. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    bowling alley employee
    belleville, il
    This was one of the reasons I liked the BB Bold 9650 for the month I had it before I picked up the Evo.

You could set a time for when the phone would turn off and on. So I would set it to reboot during the night. It was pretty nice.

8. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    International Trade
    Southeast US
    If you have pro version of ATK, it works well in place of a reboot.

What I have done in the past is open ATK, only exclude system required apps and services. Then exit the app. Place the Kill widget on a screen. After 6-8 hours when you start to notice the bog down, click the widget and it will kill EVERYTHING not system related.

I don't use it anymore, the above works great, but when I have a task killer I can't keep myself from repeatedly opening it every 30 minutes and going kill crazy. I think that is the downside of the task killers, but it's my own addiction.

Now I use AutoKiller, I set a custom preset of 90/100/115 and i NEVER get any Bog down. Requires root.

buMitch333 likes this.
Tags: