1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Maintenance Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Weudel, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Weudel

Weudel Member

So, apparently, last week's maintenance update for the Fascinate broke the ability to see and write to the SD card from your PC. We're scheduled to get a maintenance update today. If anyone installs it and gets this issue, please let the rest of us know... Thanks.

Advertisement

2. dfgged

dfgged Member

The update we are supposed to be getting is for tomorrow, isn't it?

3. Weudel

Weudel Member

Yeh... too much snow... lost track of days...

4. WTrax

WTrax Newbie

So, did the update go out today?

5. Weudel

Weudel Member

I haven't seen it... Maybe that's because the Fascinate update was broken...

6. dfgged

dfgged Member

OMG, I've got the update!!
    I need bubby NAO!!!

7. Weudel

Weudel Member

I wouldn't update if I were you, until we hear whether or not it breaks the ability to access the SD.

8. Weudel

Weudel Member

Updated and everything seems to work. I kept root and can still access SD from my computer (Ubuntu)...

Sent from my SCH-I400

9. SyTech

SyTech Newbie

Ok, I don't have a rooted Continuum (YET!) but I'm looking to do this. I just received my new phone yesterday and I'm looking for the update to froyo (apparently, I shouldn't hold my breath).

Here's what I want to do:
    -Root (saw a thread on rooting Continuum but can't find z4root to even start this process)
    -Update to froyo

Can you help?

10. dfgged

dfgged Member

There is a post about our own 1 click root, so you should check XDA.

And yeah.... Froyo is probably out of the question for the time being :-/

11. Weudel

Weudel Member

Here's the link to the one-click root thread...

[ROOT] One Click Root & Busybox Installer for the Samsung Continuum v 0.1 - xda-developers

12. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert

Any chance youve tried connecting to a windows PC?

13. Weudel

Weudel Member

Even better I connected to my Ubuntu machine with no issues. The Fascinate update made it so you could only use a Windows machine through Verizon's software (no Mac or Linux support)

RadYOacTiVe likes this.
  14. RadYOacTiVe

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you force the update? I asked my wife to check and she replied that there was nothing showing at the top of the her screen...:rolleyes:!

15. Weudel

Weudel Member

Looks like the update unrooted my phone. I'm having some issues with Z4 right now. So, with the Vibrant getting 2.2 TOMORROW, I'm thinking I'll hold off on messing with for a couple weeks.

16. Weudel

Weudel Member

Go to Menu>Settings>About phone>System Updates>Check New to force it to check for the update.

17. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

z4root and one click have issues with the fascinates latest update....many got it to work after several attempts...others have had to push prerooted odin files through...which im not sure is an option for you guys or not

18. dfgged

dfgged Member

Some of us are having the same problems :-/ including me... I've tried multiple times to no success, we're gonna need a miracle, or froyo XD

19. RadYOacTiVe

Yeah, forced it last night when I got home. Updated with no problems and havent had a chance to mess with it since it's my wife's.

Samsung Continuum Forum

The Samsung Continuum release date was November 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.4" inch screen, 5MP camera, 336GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and mAh battery.

November 2010
Release Date
Reviews