• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Maintenance Update

Ok, I don't have a rooted Continuum (YET!) but I'm looking to do this. I just received my new phone yesterday and I'm looking for the update to froyo (apparently, I shouldn't hold my breath).

Here's what I want to do:
-Root (saw a thread on rooting Continuum but can't find z4root to even start this process)
-Update to froyo

Can you help?

Upvote 0
Ok, I don't have a rooted Continuum (YET!) but I'm looking to do this. I just received my new phone yesterday and I'm looking for the update to froyo (apparently, I shouldn't hold my breath).

-Root (saw a thread on rooting Continuum but can't find z4root to even start this process)
-Update to froyo

Can you help?

There is a post about our own 1 click root, so you should check XDA.

And yeah.... Froyo is probably out of the question for the time being :-/

Upvote 0

-Update to froyo

Can you help?

Here's the link to the one-click root thread...

[ROOT] One Click Root & Busybox Installer for the Samsung Continuum v 0.1 - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you force the update? I asked my wife to check and she replied that there was nothing showing at the top of the her screen...:rolleyes:!

Even better I connected to my Ubuntu machine with no issues. The Fascinate update made it so you could only use a Windows machine through Verizon's software (no Mac or Linux support)

Upvote 0
Looks like the update unrooted my phone. I'm having some issues with Z4 right now. So, with the Vibrant getting 2.2 TOMORROW, I'm thinking I'll hold off on messing with for a couple weeks.

z4root and one click have issues with the fascinates latest update....many got it to work after several attempts...others have had to push prerooted odin files through...which im not sure is an option for you guys or not

Upvote 0
z4root and one click have issues with the fascinates latest update....many got it to work after several attempts...others have had to push prerooted odin files through...which im not sure is an option for you guys or not

Some of us are having the same problems :-/ including me... I've tried multiple times to no success, we're gonna need a miracle, or froyo XD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones