1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Major 3g Headache

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GerryJ, Jul 4, 2013.

1. GerryJ

GerryJ Lurker

After arriving in Spain, 3g won't work. I bought a Spanish payg sim with inclusive Internet, but don't get a 3g icon on the notification bar. Various tools tell me I'm connected, but all I get is 'Web page isn't available'

I don't think the Spanish sim is the cause, because the icon was missing as soon as I switched on after landing. I've seen other people on various forums with the same problem, without the being abroad bit.

I know all the buttons to press in the normal run of events, but none of them are helping.... Including access point names. At the moment, I'm relying on free wifi from bars so keeping up to date is a pain.

Any solutions would be very gratefully received. My phone has become an essential piece of kit while on holiday, but not if I'm tied to wifi access

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Have you checked that you have the correct APN settings for the carrier whose sim card you are using in Spain and that your phone is not sim locked to your UK carrier?

3. GerryJ

GerryJ Lurker

Hi Ironass. Sim free phone unlocked from birth. Phone calls and texts are working on Spanish sim and I had a text from
    them confirming Internet access. APN is as it should be

My replies to this thread are going to be sporadic at best given my access problems, but it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon, so keep the ideas coming folks

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews