• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Major guidance needed for Loading custom roms & Partitioning For XT300......and youtube :/

stannicflow

Lurker
Oct 16, 2011
hey there :D, um i recently had gotten a motorola spice(XT300) phone from mobilicity's promotions and stuff, and i didnt really know much about android phones and the current firmware n stuff. so after some extensive research i figured out that on android 2.1 you cant save/move apps to sd unless you root it then partition your sd card. Well rooted my phone i did but im completely lost on what to do next, first off since my phone is rooted is it on custom firmware already? if not, anyone with my phone model have one by any chance?and when it comes to partitioning an sd card whats the most user friendly safe method because well i get dumfounded when i read some other post and scared because it say that my phone can brick :/ ....one last question, to get youtube to work in hq i installed adobe flashplayer 10.01 or so but it still doesnt play in hq :'( has anyone found a workaround?...all i really want to do on my cell is just use it for apps and youtube so im not really looking to go that deep into developing and such.....sorry for such a loonng nooby post but alot of thanks and gratitude for advice/help replys from you awesome android users in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones