1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Major hangups rooting bell atrix - help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by breeezzz, Aug 12, 2011.

1. breeezzz

breeezzz Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Hi everyone! I was unlocking my phone and installing gingerbread onto my bell atrix while following the youtube guide posted by smoking android. Here's the link: TheSmokingAndroid's Channel - YouTube

Anyway, I got to the point in the videos where he accidentally does not delete the install-recovery.sh, and later explains that he has to reflash. Anyway, I got the error message when using CWM and had to reflash. I reflashed the IHOP bell .sbf, which I thought had root included.

Upon booting the phone up, I realized that I have the superuser icon in my tray, but I do not have root! Because I don't have root, I have no way to delete the install-recovery.sh, which means I have no way to install gingerbread! The phone is currently unlocked, and running fine. Otherwise, I don't know where to go from here. I don't have a credit card so I cannot purchase root explorer either.

There has got to be a way to get root on the IHOP .sbf and then be able to put gingerbread on it correctly. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

2. jared1234

jared1234 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Hey buddy! I think you and i spoke over email? Anyways if your the gentleman then we did solve the problem! =)

If your someone else that needs help...just make sure your not afraid to use your email =)

I don't bite and make things very easy lol

so just shoot me an email at thesmokingandroid@gmail.com

cheers