1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Major issue transfering pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akates, Sep 16, 2011.

1. akates

akates Newbie

I had no problem copying most files from my memory card over to the internal memory but for some reason when I try to transfer all of my pictures it either crashes Root Explorer or if I try from my computer it get stuck on certain pictures in a few folders and never gets passed them. What could be causing this issue?

Advertisement

2. JPG or RAW images (or some other format)?

3. akates

akates Newbie

JPG. I eventually got them all through, just had to do some individually until they copied over, then the rest went ok. Very strange.

4. That is odd. Were the photos taken w/ another cell phone or w/ a digital camera?

Sorry...kind of a photonerd :p. I use an Eye-Fi Card to transfer directly from my camera to the phone.

5. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert

What exactly do you mean by transferring pictures, and you do know that root explorer only works for rooted phones right? Hence, rooted.

6. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member

Might want to format the card if it was used for something else before.

7. This is what I was thinking, similar to using SD cards in different cameras, sometimes they need formatted (even if not explicitly prompted to do so) in order to function properly.

8. akates

akates Newbie

To answer a few questions, I had transferred the files off of my SD card on my EVO to my PC and then from my PC directly to the onboard memory of the Epic Touch so it shouldn't be a formatting issue. Also, root explorer works just fine as a file explorer without root, it just allows you to access the system folder once root is obtained. Now that I have everything transferred over I should be good to go, I'll chime back in if the issue crops up again.