1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Major issues following Android update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jmdt83, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Jmdt83

Jmdt83 Lurker

Hi everyone.
    I'm New here so apologies if this has already been asked.
    I received a new Android update on my G3 Saturday night. The update crashed multiple times and in total took about 11 hours.
    Since the update a number of my apps have completely stopped working, including Google Play Services. All I get is a blank white screen when I try to open them. Also the phone is suddenly extremely slow.
    Can anyone suggest a fix for this, I'd rather not have to factory reset but can if it means my phone works again.
    Thanks

KOLIO likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS Jmdt83 !

Sorry to hear about the issues arising post-update.
    Equally so regarding your rather-nots,but,it's a practice a good number of us perform,resetting & starting over,especially if the update is a major one (KitKat to Lolliopop | Lollipop to Marshmallow,etc....).

It's not as painful if you have a good plan to back-up those things you wish to keep (Pictures/Text Messages/Contacts/Music/Videos/etc) & put back on your device after the factory reset.
    My back-up needs are few,I use one or two accounts to upload/backup my keepers.
    As for all-in-one backup plans,I'm certain there's a lot of choices out there.

This one comes highly recommended:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

Or,give the OEM LG PC Suite a try:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/support-mobile/lg-D855
    1. Home
    2. Support
    3. Product Support
    SUPPORT
    SEARCH THE LG SUPPORT
    FIND A PRODUCT
    Call LG Support -

UK : 0344 847 5454
    IE : 01 686 9454

PRODUCT SUPPORT
    1. Mobile & Tablets
    2. LG Mobile Phones
    3. D855
    Download
    Manuals & Documents
    Software Update & Drivers
    PC Sync

Warranty Info
    Labour : 12 Months
    Parts : 12 Months

More
    FOTA(Firmware Over The Air)
    How to update your smartphone software through FOTA(Firmware Over The Air)

Register a Product
    Once you sign up for a LG account, you can receive personalized services.

Product Overview
    LG PC Suite is a smart application designed to be interlocked with LG devices (mobile phones and tablets) for convenient management of
    multimedia contents and other applications.

Windows Mac OS

* Download and run the file LG PC Suite

DOWNLOAD
    FEATURES
    • Manage and play your media contents (music, movie, pictures) on your PC.
    • Send multimedia contents to your device.
    • Synchronizes data (schedules, contacts, bookmarks) in your device and PC.
    • Backup the applications in your device.
    • Update the software in your device.
    • Backup and restore the device.
    • Play multimedia contents of your PC from other device
    RECOMMENDED SYSTEMS
    • OS: Windows XP 32bit (Service pack 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
    • CPU: 1 GHz or higher
    • Memory: 512 MB RAM or higher
    • Graphics card: 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher and 32-bit color
    • Hard disc: Storage of 500 MB or higher (Additional space may be required for data)
    • Required software: LG United Mobile driver, Windows Media Player 10 or later
    CAUTIONS
    • To use the LG PC Suite, an LG mobile phone supporting it is required. Its detailed functions provided may also be different depending on the mobile phone model.
    • The existing PC Suite IV does not support Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
    • LG PC Suite do not provide the functions, managing contacts, calendar, and messages, that has been provided by LG PC Suite IV.

3. Jmdt83

Jmdt83 Lurker

Hi thanks for the response.
    I've already backed up so I guess I will have to restore factory settings this time.
    Fingers crossed that fixes the issues.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

Use the LG backup tool. Backup all your apps and such to your external SD card if you have one.

If not, then back it up to your internal memory (if you have room) and then copy them down to your PC before you to a reset.

Then you can restore the apps and settings. You can also backup up media, etc.

Just go to Settings->Backup & Reset->LG Backup Service->Backup & Restore->Back up Data.

Then you can factory reset and then copy the backup files back to your phone.

And this tool works for unrooted devices, which is awesome for those that do not root or cannot root.

All other backup tools require root in order to restore app settings since it has to write to the /data/data partition, which is not accessible without root.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews