• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major Lag with MHL Adapter Samsung GS4 4.3

gpup

Jul 8, 2013
I recently purchased a Samsung MHL adapter. It works great except for two things:

1) The phone doesn't charge even if the adapter is connected to power.

2) (and more importantly), the video lag is unbearable. When I start watching something (Netflix, e.g.), the video and audio start out in sync, but the audio slowly creeps ahead of the video and within a few minutes there is a lag of at least 5 seconds (meaning the audio and video are 5 seconds out of sync). It's really annoying and I can't figure out how to solve it. Anyone know a solution, or have the same issue?

Thanks much.

Thread moved to forum dedicated to this phone.

I would think you would do the normal evaluation ...

Clear the cache buffer where temporary data is stored. A fragmented buffer can really slow everything down.

If running Jelly Bean or Kit Kat try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them) and if the problem stops it was caused by an all that you added. (Prior to Helly Bean not all apps were disabled in Safe Mode.)

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones