1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Major Problem after Gingerbread update! Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twilighter, Jun 5, 2011.

1. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    jacksonville, FL
    So after I did the 2.3 update, my non rooted EVO started to reboot itself all the time. But then it turned off and now it won't even turn back on. I can't even get to my main screen. I'm stuck on the white screen that says HTC Evo 4G. My battery was charged, and I even tried using my husband's battery from his EVO to see if it would turn on and nothing. It stays on that screen. I've never had any problems with my phone until the update. So, when I got home from work, i plugged in my charger and now the phone won't even charge at all. It gets to that white screen, does a vibrate and goes dead again. I'm thinking of going to sprint, but I don't want the do a factory reset beause I have so much info on that phone I can't replace. I'm really upset cause I use my EVO a lot. SEveral times a day for so many reasons and I can't think of a way to get it on. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. lesawag

lesawag Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Maintaining peace in my world
    Austin Texas
    I would take it into sprint, sounds like the update didn't install properly. Bad news is, I'd bet money, they will probably factory re-set your phone and try to push the update to your phone. I would take out your Sd card and save everything on it to your PC. If they can't get it to accept the update, I'm pretty sure they will replace your phone. Have you had your Evo since release date? It would be great if it was under 30 days so you could get a brand new replacement.

3. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    jacksonville, FL
    Yeah, I bought my EVO when it was released. So, its been over 30 days.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    i would not worry if it is over 30 days. they should be able to fix it for you as it has to do with an ota and it is nothing you did. like lisewag said the tech may just do a hard reset and get you going with the ota.

5. tiny2nz

tiny2nz Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    "they will probably factory re-set your phone and try to push the update to your phone".
    do you think a factory reset would rollback (uninstall) the update ???
    I hate this update and want to go back ...you dont know what you got till its gone.

Tags: