• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Major Problem. Stuck in Airplane mode with DL30

seanatsb

Sep 7, 2010
I've been running DL30 for a few days with no problems. However, today my phone somehow turned itself on airplane mode by itself, however neither the settings window, nor airplane toggle switches said the phone was on airplane. I just had the circle with a slash through it on my status bar, and when i tried to dial, the phone said turn off airplane mode.
When I clicked on airplane mode in settings, it says "disabling wireless connections..." permanently, and no check mark appears. If I use my toggle switch "beautiful widgets (BW) plane" it will force a check mark under airplane mode in the settings. If I try to uncheck airplane mode in settings, it again freezes saying "enabling wireless connections...." but no connection happens. If I check the BW toggle switch and then uncheck the toggle switch and then go to settings, the checkmark is removed from airplane mode, however the phone still has to service.
I deleted beautiful widgets and rebooted the phone, but the problem is still there.

I can "toggle" airplane on and off according to the status when you press and hold the power button, but that has no affect on restoring service to the phone.

I never had this happen with DL05 or any other ROM/Kernel combo.

What should I do?

I should mention, that I did not do a nandroid backup since installing DL30 because I was still customizing LP and was not flashing anything new onto my phone since DL30. I do have nandroid backup of DL05 kernel and rom's.

NEVERMIND: PROBLEM FIXED. I thought this was an android phone, not a blackberry. I did a battery pull and it fixed the problem. Not used to doing battery pulls on the Fascinate unless I was stuck in boot loop with old Voodoo.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones