1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Major problem with x10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jhnelo, Mar 27, 2011.

1. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Gas Fitter
    LIVERPOOL!!!
    heres the story, i had a problem with the volume on me rooted x10. it was on full but it weren't loud as it normally is so i reboot the phone and all is good for a few hours then id have to do it again. then i lost sounds when locking the phone and selecting things. so i thought id try to repair the phone using pc companion. all finished and said update failed, then i tried turning it on and a logo comes up with a mobile phone and a ! mark in a triangle. i cant do anything with it. SEUS will not open as it says an error occurred this application needs to be shut down so i cant use that and pc companion is just doing nothing for me. now am sitting here hoping i have not bricked my wonderful phone. please help me.

Advertisement

2. stocker

stocker Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Canada
    The first thing I would do is see if you can put the phone into flash mode. if you can, then you should be able to easily fix the phone.

So turn the phone off, hold the back button, and plug the phone into the computer, report back what happens.

3. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Gas Fitter
    LIVERPOOL!!!
    ok so manged to get the phone back into recovery mode and its been unrooted repaired using SEUS then re rooted and installed a gingerbread ROM. but even tho i have repaired the phone the volume problem still occurs. everything is as loud as it possible can but still its very quiet and i have to reboot the phone most of the day to fix this. any one else having this problem? i first noticed it when i dropped it but it has a hard flexible plastic case on and has been dropped many times. but i also installed a locale app the same time an changed the settings on the app but have since uninstalled. could this still be causing a problem? really appreciate it

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    Yes it could as most apps that change settings dont reset said settings upon un-installing.

Worth a shot though :D