• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make a specific Home screen the primary?

Never heard of that feature. Every launcher / home replacement I've ever used has been the same as stock.... returning you to whatever screen you were on when the screen shut off. Nova doesn't seem to offer it either, just the option to customize the action of the Home button (default screen, app drawer, etc).

I wonder if there's something like Tasker that might allow you to create a macro that says something like "at screen turn on, go to Home" or maybe "when phone is idle for 3 minutes go home then screen off". Never used Tasker or any automated service like that so I'm not sure what its capabilities are. You might want to ask over on the XDA forums as there are a lot of people creating all sorts of apps and you never know whats out there.

Reactions: nik lauder
Upvote 0
Never heard of that feature. Every launcher / home replacement I've ever used has been the same as stock.... returning you to whatever screen you were on when the screen shut off. Nova doesn't seem to offer it either, just the option to customize the action of the Home button (default screen, app drawer, etc).

I wonder if there's something like Tasker that might allow you to create a macro that says something like "at screen turn on, go to Home" or maybe "when phone is idle for 3 minutes go home then screen off". Never used Tasker or any automated service like that so I'm not sure what its capabilities are. You might want to ask over on the XDA forums as there are a lot of people creating all sorts of apps and you never know whats out there.

You can set the default home screen in Launcher Pro...haven't installed it on my Nexus, but did have it on my first two Droids.

Reactions: nik lauder
Upvote 0
Nova can do this. You can add and remove homescreens like app shortcuts and set any screen to default. It's based off the stock launcher so you don't really have anything to lose by using it.

Where in nova can you set your default screen. I only use two screens and cannot figure out in nova how to use the screen on the right to be my default.

Upvote 0
In stock ICS, is there a way to make one specific Home screen the primary Home screen, i.e., the Home screen that will always come up when the SGN is awakened?
Does it require Nova launcher to do that? Can it be done at all, without rooting?
when you are in edit screens where you can add another screen and move them around,you should see a little house on the bottom of each screen,you touch the house on the screen you want as your home screen and it highlights,press your home button and that screen will be your home screen and will be the one you see first when phone is ready for use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones