• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make button backlight stay on for longer

nathanb

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
I have an LG Optimus Slider V (Gingerbread), and the backlight for the hardware buttons and hardware keyboard stays on for about one nanosecond before turning off. In Froyo on my Samsung device you could go to Settings > Display > Keyboard timeout and fix this nonsense, but that feature was apparently deemed too useful and thus removed, since I can't find it anymore.

Any idea how to fix this?

For what it's worth (likely not much):

Thank you for inquiring of LG Electronics. We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to adjust the backlight of the keyboard.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 1-800-793-8896 at your convenience.

Maya C
E-Mail Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
i wish this was a standard setting on all devices with hardware QWERTY's. you would think it would be a no brainer.

but the workarounds are almost endless. i take it they left out the ability to change the time out is strictly battery related. and it does time out hella fast. but all you really gotta do is hit the space bar or something and the keyboard lights right up.

Reactions: CrackBaby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones