• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help make call/ press ATK kills 10 apps?

so I dont get it, I had a palm pre before this epic and when I closed a program it was closed

so I use the task manager and now ATK - I make a phone call and then hang up and when I press the ATK button it kills anything from 8-12 apps - all I did was make a phone call, why would there be 8-12 apps running after this - the apps running are

Email - I use the gmail app how can I uninstall this
Goggle Voice - I use this but I didnt use it to make the call, but its opened and running, WHY!
Media Hub - I never play music or videos so I dont want this at all, why is it opened for a phone call
Amazon MP3 - I will never use this so how can I remove it

and others that I cant remember at this time

I just dont get it, why do these things have to be running all the time other then the normal as in run when I open them and then close them when I am done with them

I've been wondering the same thing. I thought maybe it had to do with the different apps and widgets I had on my home pages, but I don't know if that is accurate or not.

The way I have gotten around it is I use Task Manager 2.2.0 and I have it set up to auto kill every app one minute after the screen powers off, aside from Launcher Pro. Keeps everything fairly clean.

But ya, why does amazon mp3 ever need to run if you don't ever open it. Same for Media Hub, Maps, etc...

Upvote 0
yea I dont understand this, I have asked some people in the sprint store and they are dumber then a bag or rocks - f-ing arabs cant even speak english properly

but they dont know anything and even went on to say that 3rd party apps like ATK will void my warranty - I left the store before I punched him in the face

so I make calle like thiss

make call
hang up and press home buttom
press ATK icon and kill 8-12 apps
turn off screen

every time I make a call I have to do this or my battery is dead in no time

stupid media hub I never use this and never want it

Upvote 0
I stopped using ATK. I had a system process that was using 100% CPU for hours at a time and could kill my battery even when it was plugged in charging. I read an article talking about how memory was only good if it was used and to stop using task killers. I gave it a shot and removed ATK. Since then I've never had a runaway process and my phone works perfectly...

Anyway, on a side note if you want to uninstall stock programs you need to be rooted. After that I would suggest getting a program called "SDX Stock App Remover". You'll be able to backup your stock apps, remove them, and easily reinstall them for the next update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones