• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make calls, Random Pictures of android come up/can't dial *228

karulio

Dec 10, 2009
Every time I a call is dialing or is hung up, random pictures of the android character pop up, like him playing baseball, eating a hot dog, sitting at a desk, playing guitar in the park... etc. Does anyone know what caused this to start? what program maybe? and a way to turn it off? I think it started right after I rooted my droid, it kind of acts like a screen saver type thing. I've waited a while to see if anything has popped up on the forums, and nothing has, it's annoying lol. oh and My phone will not dial *228, just goes back to home screen

I'm also getting the same thing, pictures of an android eating a hotdog, on the desk using a phone, etc etc etc...

I've installed a bunch of apps yesterday but I have no clue as to finding out which one it is.

Karulio: maybe since we are getting the same pictures displayed it might be the same program?

I downloaded a bunch of weather apps and games yesterday. The only weather app that remained on my phone (uninstalled the rest) was weatherbug and the games I installed were:

1) zombie run, zombie
2) abduction
3) tower raiders
4) actionPotato

The following I had before on my Hero and didn't cause this issue but I'll throw them up anyways (maybe now they have an ad version or that picture after a call thing):

5) Robo Defense Lite
6) Trap!
7) Nesoid Lite
8) SNesoid Lite
9) Throttle Copter
10) 2 Player Reactor
11) Barrage Lite

Upvote 0
Found it...

it was 'Calculation Display Calculators'

Basically I just started read through the reviews of my installed programs until I found one with a review saying it installed another software without one knowing.

I would suggest anybody else that installed this app go to the market and select "Flag as inappropriate" select "other" and report the problem. I am not to keen on unknowingly installing hidden applications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones