• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Make calls via bluetooth

Hi guys,

I've recently installed a carPC (obviously in my car), and am playing around with a few ideas. One idea is to have my HTC desire connected, either via USB or bluetooth to my carPC, then I'd like to write some software, preferably for the PC not running on the droid, where I could specify a number, the phone would dial it, but use the audio input and output of the PC's mic and speakers for me to call hands free .... essentially using the computer as a hands free kit ... alternatively would it be possible to get the PC to instruct the phone to dial a number but set the phone to hands free mode??

If I connect my phone via bluetooth to windows vista, and click the services tab for its properties, it does not list anything ... anybody know my options??

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones