• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Make nandroid backup before Superuser 2.2.2 ef install

Its not necessary at all. I'm just the type of guy who likes to keep everything up to it's latest version. I got the update through ROM manager. In order to download it you need to enable advanced mode from ROM manager's settings. If you want to try it, download the version labeled ef (Eclair, Froyo). Just make sure you make a nandroid backup because you may just loose root like I did. If you do, just restore from the nandroid backup and you should be back in shape. I haven't tried this again since I lost root the first time but I have seen from other posts on this forum that I am not the first to have this happen.

you dont actually "lose root" the new SU app doesnt really work. you can flash that zip i posted and it will restore the old SU.

Reactions: ArmlessRifleman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones