• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make ringtones not show up in music player?

I saw someone say that their tones don't show up in the music player. Mine are showing up. What has to be done to get that to no longer occur?

Create the following folder structure in your SD card.
Media
---Audio
------Notifications
------Ringtones
------Alarms

Put all sound files on their corresponding folders.... this will make sure that it will not show up on your music player.:)

Upvote 0
i too am having this problem with ringtones showing up in my music player..i tried to make the corresponding folders but its still not working & some ringtones are repeating itself...to say the least this is pissing me off!!....plz help!

Haveing the same problem...i mean i can theam a phone anyway you want but i cant figure this out...UGH!!!!

Upvote 0
Create the following folder structure in your SD card.
Media
---Audio
------Notifications
------Ringtones
------Alarms

Put all sound files on their corresponding folders.... this will make sure that it will not show up on your music player.:)
THANK YOU!!!!!!! It has been driving me crazy that my audio books are showing up with my music. THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones