• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make SDcard primary storage for mp3s?

Hi!

I recently went out and got myself an Xperia Go, awesome and all that, but I have a SDcard that i would like to use as primary storage for mp3s, mostly because the SDcard is 8 gigs and the internal memory only 4, and I have some apps which takes up space on the internal memory.

I cant "open" the SDcard on the phone, but i can see what's on it when I connect it to my pc. I've tried to transfer files to it by using Media Go, but i can't see the files on the phone. When I try to open the SDcard via phone, it's "greyed" (spelling?) out and non-clickable.

I have been able to move some apps to the SDcard, and my photos are now being stored at the SDcard and that's great, but how can I acess the SDcard on the phone, and is it possible for me to use the SDcard for storing my mp3s and using my new, and awesome yellow, Xperia Go as mp3player, and use the internal storage for apps?

Help/and/or answers are greatly appreciated and will make me one happy new xperia-owner!

(I'm sorry for any wierd spelling, or anything that doesnt makes sense, english is not my first language.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones