• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make the font bigger?

nyx2710

Lurker
Jun 2, 2011
hi i'm new here, so quick background. i have a droid x, recent purchase, but the CIO of my company just got the atrix 4g and wants me to find how to make the font bigger on all screens. I found the email size, but he wants text, etc larger, are there any suggestions? i've downloaded a couple apps i found in a search on my own phone, but nothing like what he wants yet and i need an answer fast. TIA!!! NYX:eek:

Does your CIO need reading glasses? I had just started to need them when I got my last phone, a Nokia E71. Made sure you could get an app that would make the fonts larger first (though just relied on the Nokia shop staff!). It sort of worked in some apps but wasn't a great success. Plus the app developer never kept up with new firmware releases.

I got my current phone (Desire HD) partly because I thought the larger screen would also help the "lack of eyesight". Coming from an IT career that involved many years with computer graphics though I knew all about font sizes compared to screen size and resolution and didn't have any realistic expectations that it would actually help any. Just a gadget lover at heart .....

Anyhow, tell your CIO to just give up and use reading glasses. It'll make you life easier anyway!

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones