1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Make your battery last more than twice as long!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ScumPuppy, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ScumPuppy

ScumPuppy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Hi all

i was really dissapointed with the performance of my battery in the hero, even when i turn off wifi and stop my apps from using the network it still drains sooooooooooooo fast!!

so, i thought i would try turning off 3G so it uses 2G just to test and see if it makes a big difference..

It does.. Its far better now.. i dont really see a speed difference using 2G either, granted the inetrnet isnt as fast but i dont hammer the internet anyway, only to check a few sites occasionally so i'll put up with a few seconds delay if it boosts my battery performance as much as it does!!!

i can highly recommend at least trying it for a day, makes the world of difference to me :)

Advertisement

2. IcemAn911

IcemAn911 Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Thanks very much for this!

I was actually trying this out myself last night and from then up to now I've noticed an improvement and would recommend anyone else to give this a try :)

3. ScumPuppy

ScumPuppy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    been using this method for a few days now and can say I dont have to charge my battery half as much now, I am leaving it on this setting for the long term.. I cant say as I notice anything is that much slower now Im not using 3G.. definately worth a try for anyone who has not yet tried it

4. robbiec

robbiec Member

Aug 14, 2009
Tags: