• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Makeing Music files into an Album.

Lyta

Jun 9, 2012
For a real Album this is easy, as it's done automatically, but what if you have different music you want to be played as an Album and organized in one folder.

I added lots of different music in a folder,but they are all treated as seperate songs, but I want them to be treated as an Album, so I can play though them as an Album, must be a way to do this.

Any help would be great.

Must be a setting I can use to make that Folder be treated as an Album and yes the music is in a folder.

Depends on what device you have. For example, on a Samsung, you need to go into music app settings and activate the "folder sort" option. A "folders" tab will appear beside the Albums, Songs, Playlists tabs, and you can select that to choose which folders to play.

You can also use other music player apps like PowerAmp to play by folders.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Ace, stoopid never mentioned the phone :(

Sounds like it's an Easy option, will try it and let you know if it works.

I am just using the built in music player in android, that seems not to have a folder sort option, will have to try another program, do you recommend any, will try some and see.

CHeers.

Upvote 0
I added lots of different music in a folder,but they are all treated as seperate songs, but I want them to be treated as an Album, so I can play though them as an Album, must be a way to do this.
I know what you mean - when creating your own album it'll most often consist of various artists which in return will be treated as different albums. The key here is to edit the mp3 tags for all songs and rename them accordingly:

album artist: same name for all artists (ie. Various or Various Artists)
album name: same for all songs

(not necessary)

album year: same for all songs
genre: same for all songs

That oughta do the trick. :)

Upvote 0
For a real Album this is easy, as it's done automatically, but what if you have different music you want to be played as an Album and organized in one folder.

Any help would be great.

Must be a setting I can use to make that Folder be treated as an Album and yes the music is in a folder.

1. Organise your music in to any folder/s you want to be played as an Album
2. Install PowerAmp with free trial
3. Press the "Folders" button after you've scanned for music inside PowerAmp
4. Now see all of the folders with all of the music that you've arranged into them displayed as a folder.

Pressing play on that folder will automatically play that folder, with equal Shuffling ability enabled between folders as they are between Albums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones