1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Making a second backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roush, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Roush

Roush Newbie

Just rooted, and loving it! I'm using Liquid Thunderbread 2.6, and now I'm trying to fix my GPS. I found a fix involving flashing a sense UI, locking down the GPS, then going back to Liquid Thunderbread. My only question is, if I make a new backup, with my first one still be there? How do you choose between them in Revolutionary?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Your backups are timestamped for the name. So if you make a backup now and another tomorrow they will be named slightly different.

I can tell you how to choose between them when restoring in recovery, if you make a backup of LTB, flash a sense rom, get a GPS lock, and want to restore LTB you would choose the most recent timestamp on the backup.

I am not aware of using Revolutionary for anything other than rooting.

3. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

IIRC, Revolutionary flashes TWRP.

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it flashes a custom CWM

5. Roush

Roush Newbie

If anyone cares, I successfully made a second backup, then I followed these directions

how to fix GPS not turning on CM7

After flashing [7.03.11][ROM] BAMF Sense 3.0 GB RC4, using the gps in Navigation application, and restoring my 2.6 Liquid, my gps works perfectly fine now. I get a weird launcher crash after I start the phone, but when I force close it re opens and everything is fine.

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Glad it worked for you. I suggest on your next flash you wipe /system that may fix the launcher crash you are getting, more than likely there are some parts of your old /system that are causing some issues and that should fix it.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews