1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Making a switch.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nick021, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Nick021

Nick021 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    So since launch I've had the iPhone 4 from verizon. At first I thought the phone was really well polished, smooth and pretty quick. My wife got the fascinate 2 weeks prior to this which she loves. Speeding up to say last week... She found this cool launcher for her phone and started customiZing her phone and I was amazed how nice it looked.. I looked at my phone and realized I couldn't do nearly anything like that stock. So I tried jailbreaking and it still felt the same, I felt bored with it. The smoothness of it can only go so far. So she kept showing me all the cool things she can do and I realIzed the iPhone wasn't for me. I don't have Internet at home, I don't have music or anything.. I honestly regretting it maybe a Month or 2 after getting it. But tomorrow I'll be getting a droid x! I'm very excited about it. The speed, the larger screen, android itself I'm super happy and looking forward to getting it. Apple is too strict for me... I hate not having freedom a little bit. I hate how you need wifi for most apps to download. It's a Bice quality phone, dont get me wrong, buy it's a boring phone. So I know someone who wants to make me a sweet deal for this and it's too good to pass up. I'm also looking forward to 2.3.3. Kind of a pointless thread I suppose but I'm just really excited to get back into a droid !

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    Nice. I owned two iPhones and for me, Android is just a better system. I like customizing, and tweaking, and installing different themes or ROMs. iOS might be stable and cohesive, but there's a big tradeoff to be made there.

Plus, you get a whole lot of hardware options on Android. I've got an investment in apps and if I want a keyboard next year, I know I'll be able to get one. If I want some giant 5" tabletphone, I can get that, too.

Welcome to the forum!

3. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2010
    And don't forget, if you have any questions, there are a lot of experts around here!