1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Making an App

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Huzzy786, May 5, 2012.

1. Huzzy786

Huzzy786 Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Hello,

I am planning on making an Android app but what will it cost me to get it up on the market? Also could someone link me to some posts which I can read on getting started to make apps?

Advertisement

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Electrical Design Engineer
    Northwestern Alabama
    It will cost you $25 to get an Android developer account. Then everything else (as far as I know) is free.

Google's Android site is a WONDERFUL resource for getting started:

Here is a link that will guide you through the installation process:
    Android SDK | Android Developers

This link will show you a few basic examples with code to get started programming:
    Technical Resources | Android Developers

Go through the entire Hello Android tutorial first and read everything on the page. It explains all of the stuff. I skimmed at first and then had to go back and re-read it thoroughly to understand how things work later on in my app development process whereas if I had read to understand the first time, I wouldn't have gotten stuck in my development. Then go through the Hello Views tutorials to understand different layouts and how you set them up in XML and code.

Good luck and welcome to the Android Development world!

EDIT: BTW...you do not have to pay the $25 up front. You can download the SDK and all of the necessary stuff to program/develop apps for free. You only have to pay the $25 when you get ready to set up your developer account and upload your app to the market.

Hadron likes this.