1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

making an incredible app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by firozu, Feb 9, 2011.

1. firozu

firozu Lurker

Ok so im a computer engineer in my senior year of college and for my senior design class i will be making an android app that connects to a cars obdII port.

So far there are a few out there that do a very good job at reading quite a few things from the cars ecu, however i have yet to see one that can actually mimic a programmer and change teh ecu map.

In other words id like to be able to change the timing of the car via the ecu and a few other things :)

I have been look near and far to try and figure out how to go about doing this any help will be greatly appreciated. If you could point me in a good direction to go in. Ive found enough info to be able to read data and do a few other things but not to be able to change anything

thanks alot in advance! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. firozu

firozu Lurker

any ideas?

3. SirSupra

SirSupra Lurker

I know u haven't posted anything yet. But I do have an idea because I am in need also. U want to tune a motor look into doing like a mapecu program and also figure on the mapecu hardwhere. It comes with an in car computer the piggybacks to the ecu to only change a few things. If u can mimic the mapecu and the programs it run's I sware u will make ur money hand over fist. Ull need some suddelcanges and u can't use the name map ecu but if u provide both the program and a detail list of parts to get then ull have a high priced item. I'm looking for the program bc I want a touch screen in my car not a lap top. The touch screen in the dash = sexy.. lol so android is the way to go since only one windows based touch screen tab is on the market that I know of. Well mesage me back thanks and ill like to know what uve already ben able to do to. It may be helpful.

4. mjs2011

mjs2011 Member

i officially have no idea what any of you are talking about in this thread, lol!

5. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

You'll probably have better luck using resources specifically for programming ECU's rather than an Android app user subforum.

6. SirSupra

SirSupra Lurker

Ya I figure it would be better but like mapecu it is strickly windows based.. I'm new to android system. But I've heardthat one could take an android phone and make it run on windows. In theoriy it could be done for a tablet right, so my next ? Is how to do it and what risks does one have with doing the format changes?