1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Making Android apps

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by hawkeyefxr, Jan 21, 2014.

1. hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2013
    As the title says i want to make an app for Android. I have a spread shhet i want to make into an app.
    Just to make it easy i know nothing about programming, can some one point me where to go and what to get, and hopefully how to do it.
    See i said it was easy.
    Any help much appriciated

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Moved to Application Development, the guys here will be in the best place to assist! :)

3. venom2124

venom2124 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    North Carolina
    So you want to make a spread sheet app or you just have a specific spread sheet that you want as an app?

I mean this is a pretty vague description of what you are trying to do. What does the spread sheet do?

4. familyguy

familyguy Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    I think he want to make a specific spread sheet into an app, ie mortgage spread sheet.
    You can try with html and javascript and the create an app that use a webview with that html, but if you dont know anything about programming its difficult. Consider hiring a programmer.

5. hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2013
    Sorry for the delay in getting back, i have a spreadsheet and i want to make an app out of it.
    Its just a MPG type of thing, fuel bought ect.
    I know there are many out there but they are just so full of other stuff, i just want one that is to my specific tastes.
    Also i want to learn how to......., i have plenty of time on my hands now being retired lol.

6. ProjectLiquid

ProjectLiquid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    Senior QA Tester, Activision
    Galactic Layline
    Well, You can start reading a lot. Mainly about how to develop for the android platform. (like what i am doing now).

You can look up a bunch of really simple tutorials to help you set up the development tools for working on android. Then look up more tutorials on how to get a basic app coded and running. And then more reading. And more tutorials.

Also Im finding, like with anything else. The more I practice how to code, the better i understand how things fit together.

So you want a basic app that the user can
    -enter amount of fuel bought(gallons)
    -enter cost of fuel($$$)
    -enter miles driven (Miles)

And then the app should return info to the user based off of what the user entered
    -return amount/cost fuel (maybe total or maybe per gallon)
    -return miles driven since last stop(maybe?)
    -return MPG since last stop or calculate an average over a month?
    -return amount of $$$ (cost average) per fill up.

I just threw out what came to mind in the most basic form. I could be completely off from what you actually want. You should really make a list on how you would want your app to function. Starting with what the first screen presents to the user, and basically come up with each specific step on what you would be doing in your app.

From there you can dictate what you want the screen to specifically display. You then can decide what you want to do with that info (display in spreadsheet form im guessing) and then from there if you want the app to remember for future use or to just print to the screen the info provided.

When you think of an app idea, think of how you (the user) would want to experience how the app works. Make a basic list of how things should flow together to get an Idea of how you need to program your app. Its hard to build a house without the blueprints ya?