• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Making boot animations

h4x0rjd

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
So i made a basic boot animation, though no matter how i put it on the phone is always just shows a black screen.

I've tried adb push from cmd, boot animation builder, using a file explorer to copy and past it to all the major different folders; /system/media/; /system/customize/resources/; /data/local/.

I have totally stock 2.1 "ROM" factory reset that's rooted, though all the ways I've seen and tried to put a new animation just result in a black screen.

So to all the modders can you tell me what's wrong with my files, or what I should be doing differently to make the animation actually appear instead of a black screen??

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    391 KB · Views: 110
So i made a basic boot animation, though no matter how i put it on the phone is always just shows a black screen.

I've tried adb push from cmd, boot animation builder, using a file explorer to copy and past it to all the major different folders; /system/media/; /system/customize/resources/; /data/local/.

I have totally stock 2.1 "ROM" factory reset that's rooted, though all the ways I've seen and tried to put a new animation just result in a black screen.

So to all the modders can you tell me what's wrong with my files, or what I should be doing differently to make the animation actually appear instead of a black screen??

Ok. I'm not a modder, and have never done a boot animation, but what I know of bootanimation.zip:

- it belongs in /system/media
- your desc.txt has a frame rate of 60 images per second. Perhaps that is too fast? In xtrSENSE, the frame rate is 15, and that has a boot animation that works. Also, you will want to change your pauses in each of the "p" lines to be less than 150, I would think, if you make the frame rate less than 60.
- the desc.txt file needs a blank line at the end. Yours is missing this. In other words, in the line "p 10 150 last" add a carriage return after "last" and then save that file in bootanimation.zip

I'd do the third thing first to see if that works, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones