• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Making charge last longer

A

Android Question

I am a newbie to using a smart phone. What is the best way to keep a charge lasting longer on a LG 4 Stylus phone.
Are there specific settings that help during the time the phone is not turned off?
The battery seems to go down pretty fast.
Does having it in Wi-Fi mode at home make a difference or should I turn that off?
Any easy to understand tips anyone?

examine or post your battery settings screens..they may give clues.

Usual screen is biggest consumer. Turn Screen brightness as low as you can comfortably read. Turn display timeout setting shorter.

I don't think I'd bother turning off WiFi at home (assuming you have wifi network at home). I do turn wifi off when I leave home (done automatically by tasker).

Location services (gps) is something you might be able to turn off if you don't need it often....or else put it on battery saving mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones