• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Making contacts save to Google by default

flyerhell

Lurker
Dec 9, 2012
Hi everyone,

I found instructions how to do this for other phones but none that were specifically for the DNA and they weren't helpful. Is there a way to save new contacts to Google, rather than my phone, by default? Also, is there a way to manually change a contact to be stored on Google, rather than the phone?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I found instructions how to do this for other phones but none that were specifically for the DNA and they weren't helpful. Is there a way to save new contacts to Google, rather than my phone, by default? Also, is there a way to manually change a contact to be stored on Google, rather than the phone?

Thanks in advance!

I've noticed that after the first couple I saved to Google they eventually just defaulted to that by itself

And to convert them all I do is export them, then when I import them I get the choice to save them as Google contacts

Welcome to the forums!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones