• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Making icons available on the SD Card

DesireMe

Android Expert
May 20, 2010
Strathaven
I've added some icons (png) files to a folder on the SD Card. They are visible in EStrong, but not to other applications.

They only become available when i power on/off.

Is there a way to make the available?

- As i'm toying with many icon sets and generally playing, it's annoying having to reset the phone everytime to see anything.

There must be a better way. I'm currently testing different icon sets online. So i save the PNG on the PC, go to Estrong on the phone, transfer the PNG to the phone. Go into Apps Orgraniser, change the icon, select AndExplorer (as the icons do not show in the directory i copy them to until a reboot), select the icon, then change the shortcut in LP to reflect the new change.

It's so long-winded.

If the icons would show in the directory without a reboot, i could just select Change Icon in LP and select it. Save me loadsa hassle.

Upvote 0
I think this may be what you need SDrescan - Android app on AppBrain

You know, i think you may be right. As i just found about this Launcher Pro Icons app. Some text said something i didn't understand, but says the above app does:

" Plus, there is no need to fiddle with rescanning the SDCard after adding an icon"

I'll give it a try now...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones