1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Making image files :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ninadchaudhari, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

Hi,
    Just noticed that a lot of efforts are going on to create a new image file like i created for mmx a75 rooting ...

Specially to Mastermind, You seems to have been close :)

Cool experiments btw,
    what do you think of keeping this as a challenge till 12 May ? :)

Let's see if you guys can crack that thing , b4 I write the tutorial on 12 May ;)
    (date may postpone )

:thumbup:

1.) Do let us know exactly WHY your previous experiments failed .
    2.) Do post the REASONS you do and did all the tasks ... <-- Very important :)
    doing things blankly is useless :p

androidn3wbi3 likes this.
  2. androidn3wbi3

androidn3wbi3 Member

i used mkfs.yaffs2 do pack i just add some app and launcher after that i packed and flashed it.. is doesn't boot up after creating system.img what should be done ? before flashing to mobile
    and can u say me how to made root for stock rom :)i followed all ur post .since i don't have mobile i can't do nothing now :(

3. mastermind1024

mastermind1024 Android Expert

Okies...i think rooting stuff is tough one.its a main challenge now.I know its not just adding of su binary n apk to system.it needs something more.
    The reasons why I am doing all this are many..1st of all I like to have my own work in my phone like I had in my A70 too.UB-1 is very good rom but the space spared in system partition is non-usable.apps added later on to /system/app are non-usable.moreover apps are deodexed which is leading to increase memory use on data partition.(thats what I experienced,correct me if its non-relevant).
    Stock rom of 75 is also good one but I hate the non-sense mmx apps.wanted to remove those 1st n there came the idea of making modded system.img n I succeeded in that.I just need root now.
    Keep it as challenge,i will have more time after 5th may,had entrance on 23rd,now my admission process is going on so...

4. ninadchaudhari

ya i know deodexing also contributes to additional boot times ...
    i was strict against it but some developers sort of convinced me for it ;)

i am going to release a odexed UB-1 also i think ,,, many ppl are com plaining for boot timings :)

do one thing ,
    if you need use Ub-1 as base ... then you will have root excellent way ;)
    but then you did it partially :eek: ... For ur convenience sure do it ;) but for cracking the challenge you need to start from scratch :p ...

5. mastermind1024

I haven't use UB-1 still..I m using stock system.img only.I know if I had used Ub-1 then I will have root by default but unlike others I like challenges.n i would have use ub-1 as base if it was not deodexed.if u remember,in A70 too,initially I used all different types of roms but in the end i was with my own modded stock,so basically its abt choice.
    Now 1st step is done,I m going to pay my full attention to root.

6. ninadchaudhari

@mastermind do one thing....
    Use ub1 as base replace everything you see in app folder with the scratch images folder.... You are done also replace everything inside framework...

7. androidn3wbi3

androidn3wbi3 Member

@ninad we used UB-1 as base getting wifi problem not obtaining ip

8. mastermind1024

Ok,i will try that too,soon..

9. mastermind1024

Used UB-1 as base,changed all apps to stock n also framework,built new system.img...flashed well,booted well,all apps were good but still faced same root problems...exactly same wiered problems that I faced on rooting stock system.img.what can be the reason???

10. varun.chitre15

varun.chitre15 Android Expert

I think no need to crack this anymore :D
    Check this
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1645412
    :D
    This works!!!!!!!!!!!
    I tried this on A70 and flashed using fastboot

@mastermind
    Try this ASAP and see if it works, as I don't have A75 cannot try it.
    What u do is edit the system.img from mmx package, make necessary changes and add something and flash and see if it works
    And most charming thing in this tool is we can even set permissions to files inside image :D
    I have also asked the dev of that tool to make images directly from flashable zip ;)

11. mastermind1024

Good tool..nice find..n no need to crack even before as I found alternative method to root the device..coz only thing didn't work was root n thats due to permissions problem I think..now I don't make images,I just flashed mmx image,rooted the device n made changes according to my need.n even more better, now recovery works good,finally found the problem so this image thing is obsolete now..for me atleast.

Micromax A75 Forum

The Micromax A75 release date was December 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.75" inch screen, 3MP camera, MT6573 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

December 2011
Release Date
Reviews