• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Making image files :)

Hi,
Just noticed that a lot of efforts are going on to create a new image file like i created for mmx a75 rooting ...

Specially to Mastermind, You seems to have been close :)

Cool experiments btw,
what do you think of keeping this as a challenge till 12 May ? :)

Let's see if you guys can crack that thing , b4 I write the tutorial on 12 May ;)
(date may postpone )

:thumbup:

1.) Do let us know exactly WHY your previous experiments failed .
2.) Do post the REASONS you do and did all the tasks ... <-- Very important :)
doing things blankly is useless :p

Reactions: androidn3wbi3
Okies...i think rooting stuff is tough one.its a main challenge now.I know its not just adding of su binary n apk to system.it needs something more.
The reasons why I am doing all this are many..1st of all I like to have my own work in my phone like I had in my A70 too.UB-1 is very good rom but the space spared in system partition is non-usable.apps added later on to /system/app are non-usable.moreover apps are deodexed which is leading to increase memory use on data partition.(thats what I experienced,correct me if its non-relevant).
Stock rom of 75 is also good one but I hate the non-sense mmx apps.wanted to remove those 1st n there came the idea of making modded system.img n I succeeded in that.I just need root now.
Keep it as challenge,i will have more time after 5th may,had entrance on 23rd,now my admission process is going on so...

Upvote 0
ya i know deodexing also contributes to additional boot times ...
i was strict against it but some developers sort of convinced me for it ;)

i am going to release a odexed UB-1 also i think ,,, many ppl are com plaining for boot timings :)

do one thing ,
if you need use Ub-1 as base ... then you will have root excellent way ;)
but then you did it partially :eek: ... For ur convenience sure do it ;) but for cracking the challenge you need to start from scratch :p ...

Upvote 0
I haven't use UB-1 still..I m using stock system.img only.I know if I had used Ub-1 then I will have root by default but unlike others I like challenges.n i would have use ub-1 as base if it was not deodexed.if u remember,in A70 too,initially I used all different types of roms but in the end i was with my own modded stock,so basically its abt choice.
Now 1st step is done,I m going to pay my full attention to root.

Upvote 0
I think no need to crack this anymore :D
Check this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1645412
:D
This works!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried this on A70 and flashed using fastboot

@mastermind
Try this ASAP and see if it works, as I don't have A75 cannot try it.
What u do is edit the system.img from mmx package, make necessary changes and add something and flash and see if it works
And most charming thing in this tool is we can even set permissions to files inside image :D
I have also asked the dev of that tool to make images directly from flashable zip ;)

Upvote 0
I think no need to crack this anymore :D
Check this
[Tool] Yaffey - Utility for reading, editing and writing YAFFS2 images - xda-developers
:D
This works!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried this on A70 and flashed using fastboot

@mastermind
Try this ASAP and see if it works, as I don't have A75 cannot try it.
What u do is edit the system.img from mmx package, make necessary changes and add something and flash and see if it works
And most charming thing in this tool is we can even set permissions to files inside image :D
I have also asked the dev of that tool to make images directly from flashable zip ;)
Good tool..nice find..n no need to crack even before as I found alternative method to root the device..coz only thing didn't work was root n thats due to permissions problem I think..now I don't make images,I just flashed mmx image,rooted the device n made changes according to my need.n even more better, now recovery works good,finally found the problem so this image thing is obsolete now..for me atleast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones