1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Making it more like a Nexus S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmj45, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jmj45

jmj45 Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    I was playing around with a Nexus S at best buy and realized that I liked its interface much more than my Captivate's. Is there any way to make it more like the Nexus S. Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my first smartphone and I don't know much about them. I especially hate all of the pre-installed att apps.

Advertisement

2. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Female
    New England
    There's several ways to go about making your phone more to your preferences.

Probably the easiest thing you can do is to swap out the launcher, to something like ADW Launcher (either the free version or the EW version) or LauncherPro (again, either the free or the paid). There's several more options there, but those tend to be the most popular two.

In order to make major changes though (like making the battery/notification bar/etc look like the Nexus S), you'd need to root the phone, and that's not something you just want to jump into without researching it first. Don't get me wrong, that'll open up all sorts of options, but it can't be understated that you're voiding your warranty to do so.