1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Making me nervous....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JRich8389, Aug 28, 2011.

1. JRich8389

JRich8389 Member

My phone got soaked during a storm we had a few months back and I called in on the insurance, after some issues with shipping to APO/FPO addresses they upgraded me to a Droid X2.

After reading all the problems people are having I'm getting nervous about the phone, I haven't gotten to use it yet since I'm still deployed but I seriously hope that it works fine >.<

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drspel

drspel Lurker

great phone with a few small problems, the closer you look at something manmade the more you see the imperfections. Just look at anything manmade.....J M O (just my opinion)

3. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

I went through 7 Droid X's before them giving me the Droid X2. I have a few minor problems but nothing worth getting a replacement. When the OTA update for GB came along I factory reset the phone before installing(which I didn't do for my DX) and I haven't had many problems at all. A few reboots when memory gets to low but that's about it.

4. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast

Good soild phone. I did get a bad one and they replaced it and now all i can saw is wow i love this phone cause i loved my OGX and this is just like it but faster and brighter and i love it.

5. JRich8389

JRich8389 Member

Good to know that its not all bad, I'm not a big rooting or tinkering android person....yet. I'm still new to the forums so I've been learning best practices and things like that before I go jumping into it.

6. LrdAnkh

LrdAnkh Well-Known Member

In these forums you tend to see only the bad very few people post the positives because since things are working good they see no need to say anything. I have had mine for over two weeks already and I am impressed with the phone tremendously and i came from a blackberry and would never go back.

7. brggames

brggames Newbie

I jumped straight from an LG Xenon to a MotoDriod X2 so i may be biased or inexperienced, but I love my X2. The few issues I've had is a "hiccup" when listening to music while starting an app. Not that big a deal, but with a dual CPU you'd think it wouldn't happen. Also a few websites will crash my browser, but 90% of the population won't visit those kind of sites. Battery life is worse than my LG, but I never used my LG as often as my X2, the X2 is just too much fun. And all my friends who had the X commented on the screen size of my X2 lol. Screensize envy I guess.

8. JRich8389

JRich8389 Member

Yeah, valid points guys. No one is really gonna come on this section of the forums to just say how great the phone is. This seems to be a "Help my phone is being dumb!" section :p

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews