1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root making progress!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tboltfan25, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    NJ
    Okay guys, So I have rooted, I've removed bloatware from my phone (so awesome) and now I am trying to find out how I am able to get Tethering for free now that Im rooted, I know there are probably a bunch of good apps to get out there for this, just looking to see what you guys are using, and what I should get..

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
  3. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    NJ
    Thanks for the advice, sorry about the multiple threads...I have NO CLUE what I'm doing with flashing a ROM or a Radio or anything, all I have done so far is actually rooted, made a nandroid backup along with a Titanium backup, and moved the .apks of the bloatware to a folder on my SD...Is there any type of walkthrough for installing Das Bamf with the radio on the TB, and if so where can I find one. I would love to get a custom ROM on here, and the DAS BAMF one looks pretty sick.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    First download the rom and the radio.

First flash the radio

Change the name of the radio to PG05IMG.zip and put it on the root of you SD card, not inside any folder, power your phone off and then power back on while holding volume down. This gets you into hboot, choose update and wait, once it is done reboot.

Next delete the PG05IMG.zip or rename it.

Now to flash the ROM.

Edit:
    Some of the terminology I have used may be off but I am typing this out of memory

Boot into recovery, you can either use rom manager to do this or power your phone off then power on while holding volume down (this gets you to hboot) then use the volume buttons to choose recovery. I would suggest using rom manager to boot into recovery just because it is easier.

Once you are in recovery use the volume buttons to choose backup/restore and make a nandroid backup, then go back and clear your cache, once that is done go to advanced and clear dalvik cache and battery stats, finally go back and clear data/factory reset.

Now your phone has no operating system at all you can flash the rom. Choose to install zip from SD card, then select choose zip, now navigate to your download folder and select Das BAMF, then wait.

and wait

and wait

and once it has finished choose to reboot.

Give the phone a little bit to boot (the first boot after a flash is always the longest) and you are off and running.

You can flash the rom before the radio but I would suggest flashing the radio first.